Serves 4 / Difficulty – Medium / Prep 20 mins cooks in 30
A classic English dish which is rich and creamy and comforting. Best served with some roast potatoes and broccoli which helps soak up some of the richness.
Butter for greasing
Splash of olive oil
2 chicken breast cubed
50g of chopped streaky bacon
2 handfuls of chestnut mushrooms
1 garlic clove
50ml of white wine
300ml of double cream
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan on a medium heat, add the chicken, season and seal the chicken all over, the remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the olive oil, bacon and onion and cook for about 10 minutes, then stir in the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and let it cook for a minute, stir in the cream, add some seasoning and return the chicken, cover and cook for 10 mins. Stir occasionally and make sure the sauce doesn’t burn.
- After 10 minutes take the lid off and cook and slowly cook until the sauce has reduced to a thick cream.
- Check the sauce for seasoning and serve with roasted potatoes and broccoli.