Serves 2 / Difficulty – Easy / Prep 5 minutes and cooked in 10 minutes
This is one of my go-to lunch recipes, quick, easy and very tasty and I’d imagine quite healthy if you are on a diet and choose gluten free pasta and skip the parmesan. Adjust the herbs / garlic amounts to your taste.
180g of penne pasta
2 pieces of garlic crushed
1-2 sprigs of rosemary
1-2 sprigs of thyme
teaspoon of dried oregano
200g of tinned tomatoes
50ml of olive oil (or more if you want a richer sauce)
Handful of grated parmesan
Chopped basil to sprinkle on top
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Put the pasta on to boil in a saucepan of salted water and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the oil to a frying pan and fry the garlic for a minute to release the flavours.
- Then add the tomatoes and herbs and cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Once the pasta is al dente add to the sauce with the parmesan, stir and coat the pasta all over.
- Top with some chopped basil and serve.