Serves 2 / Difficulty – Easy / Prep 10 minutes and cooks in 10
A quick and easy lunch or dinner and is much tastier than you would think.
190g of penne pasta
1 head of broccoli, florets, chopped into 2cm pieces
Freshly ground black pepper
Small handful of pine nuts
Handful of grated parmesan
- Add the broccoli florets to a pan of salted water and boil for 2 minutes.
- Spoon out and drain the broccoli with a slotted spoon and put to one side.
- Add the pasta to the broccoli water, check that it is salty enough and boil for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile add some olive oil to a wok, and the broccoli, season with black pepper and fry on a medium heat for 5 minutes turning frequently, then set aside.
- In a small frying pan, dry fry the pine nuts for a few minutes until they start to brown, then set aside.
- Once the pasta is done, drain but keep a small amount of water in the saucepan.
- Put the pasta, water, pine nuts in the wok, add the parmesan and give a good stir, then serve.
Sprinkle a little chilli oil or truffle oil to add a little dash of extra flavour.