1 tablespoon olive oil
250g minced pork
500g beef minced
250g white wine
250g tinned tomatoes blended to puree
3 litre Water
40g whole milk
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
- Finely chop the celery, carrot and onion. Add to a large saucepan and fry for around 10 minutes and set the mix to one side.
- Add the beef and pork to the saucepan and fry for 10 minutes.
- Once the meat has browned add the wine.
- Once the white wine has evaporated add the tomato sauce.
- Add the first 1 litre of water, add a pinch of salt and cook for one hour.
- Add another litre of water, cook for another hour, add the third litre of water and cook for the third hour.
- Once the third hour is up and just before the meat is dry season with salt and pepper to taste, turn off the heat and add the milk and give one last stir, tasting and adjusting the seasoning.