Serves 4 / Difficulty – easy / Ready to eat in 15 minutes
This recipe came to me after having an amazing tuna pizza in Sardinia. The addition of capers, anchovies and olives makes this a very tasty dish, you can add more (or less) of these 3 ingredients based on your tastes.
200g of tuna steak in olive oil
50g of olive oil
400g tinned tomatoes
Teaspoon of capers
2 chopped anchovy fillets
2 tablespoon of sliced black olives
1 tablespoon of oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the olive oil to a medium to large frying pan
- In a food processor blend the tinned tomatoes until they are nice and smooth and add to the frying pan
- Then add the tuna including the olive oil, breaking up the tuna to reduce the chunks
- Add all the remaining ingredients stirring and breaking up the tuna until it is more flakes than chunks
- Add a lid to the pan and cook for 10 minutes
Serve on top of fusilli or pasta twists.